An Ulta Insider Shares Her Best Picks in Skincare
Ulta-insider Lucy Binetti prepared a list of Ulta's best buys in skincare. This expert tips should make your shopping trips easier, plus they're cruelty-free and safe for sensitive skin, to boot. As a general rule-of-thumb, Lucy swears-by First Aid Beauty for top-shelf quality at reasonable prices — still, she compiled this list of goodies from some of Ulta's most popular brands. Shop her picks below.
1. Dermalogica Precleanse Balm ($15-45): Even I double-cleanse at night when I've been wearing makeup. It's the absolute best way to get makeup off your face, and it does so extra-gently. Plus, oil-based blends infuse your skin with anti-aging antioxidants and leave it feeling hydrated — not stripped. Dermalogica's pre-cleanser is this water-active balm-to-oil and it comes with a face massaging tool.
2. Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Cleanser ($27): Considering this award-winning face wash has over three thousand happy review on Ulta, we can all agree it's worth a try.
3. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy AM Gel Cream ($26): Meet the un-tinted counterpart to their beloved cream. It's packed with anti-aging peptides and goes on great underneath makeup.
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($30 for 60): Dry skin will be a distant memory once you try out this antioxidant-infused product. Your skin's hydration is boosted 169% immediately upon application.
5. Pur Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mudd Mask with Pascalite Clay ($20-30): Cleanse your pores with a mineral-infused, clay mask treatment. It'll leave your skin feeling smooth, your complexion brighter, and your pores cleaner. Plus, it's on sale right now! Or just grab the line's Starter Kit for $20.
6. Simple Skincare Micellar Makeup Removing Wipes ($8): Micellar water is my new favorite way to remove my eye makeup and these sensitive-skin friendly wipes are perfect for travel.
LIQUID MAKEUP REMOVER.
7. Pacifica Coconut Micellar Water Cleansing Tonic ($12): Ok, actually Lucy hates the smell of coconut and didn't recommend this. The truth is, I'm a sucker for exclusive products — and this hydrating micellar water cleanser is only available at Ulta. FYI: Dipping a Q-tip in liquid micellar water is my favorite way to perfect my upper eye-liner.
8. Clarisonic Mia 2 Skin Cleansing System ($169): If you're going to invest in a beauty tool, make it one for your skin. Perfectly clean skin is the best first step for your preventative aging regimen. Plus, surface stimulation from the brush improves micro-circulation and gives you a glow. (Not to mention, Dr. Hure of OC Skin Lab shared with me that facial massage is an important part of anti-aging skincare!)
*9. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($17): This is a cult-favorite acne treatment that even Kylie Jenner loves. Note: If you suffer from cystic breakouts, then Mario's Buffering Lotion ($19) is the one for you. I've featured this product on Brit + Co.!
10. Soap & Glory Clean On Me ($10): According to Lucy, this body wash leaves your skin soft and hydrated. She also recommends using it as bubble bath!
What beauty staples do you need to stock up on?