Street-Style: How to Rock the Model Off-Duty Look Just Like Kendall Jenner.
(Photo via Instagram)
If I had to pick just one Kardashian sister, Kendall Jenner would be my fave. Among the many reasons why: She rides horses, she jet-sets like a boss, and one of her BFF's is the modern icon for not giving an F (Cara Delevingne). Plus, she's shy, suffers from anxiety, and has still paved her way onward in the face of adversity all while in her teens and 20's. Go girl!
I also dig her personal style and sense of aesthetic. The girl helped bring thick, boy-ish brows back into fashion, bidding adieu to crazy brow arches. She also made the lob go viral by chopping her locks off back in 2016... Then there's her laid-back street-style sense that I can't stop admiring. When Kendall's not walking runways, zipping between photoshoots, and photographing her bevy of model besties, the off-duty supermodel has also been making the athleisure street-style movement chic using everyday wardrobe staples in muted color palettes.
After shopping my Kenny-inspired Athleisure picks, be sure to read my post on Parker Smith Jeans for some more style inspo. They're so comfy they're practically Athleisure!
(Photos via Instagram)
THE STREET-STYLE FORMULA:
Her recipe for a street-style outfit is also deceptively simple, featuring solid prints, attention to textures, and a minimalist-approved black-and-white color palette. Think: Black leggings, crop top or band tee, and an oversized sweater or Moto. The Zoe Report spilled that Alo Yoga — a celebrity-beloved line of athletic wear — is her favorite for O.G. black tights, which she is often pictured wearing.
Laid-back? Check. Versatile? Check. Comfortable? Check. In other words: the trifecta.
Athleta Leggings + Crop Top + Laita BA-Paris Handbag//Zadig et Voltaire Silk Cami + Athleta Tights
I literally live in outfits just like those made famous by the lankiest member of the Kardashian crew. Although, I tend to grab my tights from Athleta and I don't do the whole "embellished legging," thing — it's just simple black tights for me. I pair them with anything from a simple white T, to a designer silk camisole from Zadig et Voltaire, to a Radiohead or Nirvana band-tee... And, of course, a cropped Moto jacket — often layered with a hoodie or one of my oversized sweaters. (I love slouchy outerwear so much I grabbed a couple men's styles to add to my sweater collection in 2017.)
The best part about neutral tones and minimalist style staples is that they're unbelievably versatile. As you can see above, you can use the street-style formula to create countless looks for all occasions. They're also the best for their day-to-night versatility, helping you transition from "desk-to-dawn" with ease. Shop my hand-picked fashion finds below, inspired by my street-style muse, Kendall Jenner.
Shop A Few Of My Kendall Jenner-Inspired Picks For Perfect "Model Off-Duty" Street-Style Below:
1. Athleta Chaturanga Tight ($69).
3. Alo Yoga High Waist Cosmic Capri Legging ($108).
4. Lunya Siro Legging ($98).
1. Zadig et Voltaire Christy Camisole ($198). So luxe.
2. Aritzia Babaton Hopkin's Blouse ($65). Babaton is great for a more moderate price-point.
3. Theory Tubular Tank Top ($110). I live in these. They come in black, white, and nude. I recommend getting them all.
4. Theory Tubular Tank Top ($110). Like I said — wardrobe staple.
2. RTA Black White Anais One Striped Asymmetric T-Shirt ($41, orig. $135). SALE! I love mine.
5. Les Girls Les Boys Les Boys Graphic -Shirt #4 ($55). I am obsessed with this UK-based line right now.
2. Everlane The Cashmere Turtleneck ($120). Their Ribbed Turtleneck sold-out, but this cashmere turtleneck is on sale! Orig. $235.
3. Alice + Olivia Parson Crewneck Sweater ($88.50). Orig. $295.
*4. Lingua Franca Rebel Rebel ($380). Kanye had one of these in a music video. I also featured it on Brit + Co.
5. Zadig et Voltaire Anthin Deluxe Cashmere Sweater ($698). For a more budget-friendly buy, check out their varieties in stars — Zadig et Voltaire Markus Bis Cashmere Sweater ($438)— and stripes — Zadig et Voltaire Rony Cachemire Sweater ($428) !
6. Everlane Waffle Knit Cashmere Square Crew ($155). LOVE waffle-knit. This also comes in black.
Allsaints Conroy Quilted Leather Biker Jacket ($550): I own this baby. Also, my source at AllSaints let me know that they've just reduced the prices of their merch globally. Now is the time to snatch up an investment piece!
Note: I don't want to promote the sale of leather goods :( But another hard-to-find but great — and reasonably priced — line to consider checking is called Ayoama Itchome. I have a cropped Moto from them that is surprisingly femme and streamlined. Otherwise, just go for a vegan, faux-leather option! I got one from Free People a few years ago.
What are your favorite street-style staples? Let me know!